And, They're OFF!.... Nine Babies in the Hatcher Now!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by speckledhen, Dec 30, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I love and hate the Home Stretch part; It reminds me of that saying, "Hurry up and wait!". I wasn't going to transfer them till tomorrow, but since I realized I actually put these in at just past noon the day before I counted as Day One, it would be fine to go ahead. As soon as we did, one of Skye's babies started shaking her egg big time. Here they are. Three on the left side are Velvet's, two in the middle are Skye's, lighter ones on top right are Caroline's and the two lowest on the right side are Lexie's. Now, we wait, watch, wait, watch, wait, watch..
    [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Cant wait to see the chicks after they hatch.

3. speckledhen

Me, too! These are the very first Blue Orp/Buff Brahma crosses I've hatched for myself.

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

GO, little babies! GO! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm getting my "hatching fix" from the rest of you since I won't be putting any more eggs in until the end of february!! Good luck! [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

I've seen five of the nine rocking today, one quite alot. So much in fact, that I said, "Baby, do you know it's only Day 18?", LOL.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Candled the rest of the 16 eggs today and all are growing just fine, so I won't candle again till they go in the hatcher. Well, I may candle #16 since it's a few days behind the rest of them. The first 15 are on Day 14 today, but #16 is on Day 9.

9. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Little Bluff Oramhaton's........they should be cute! Can't wait.

10. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo !!!

Patience has never ever been one of my virtues and incubating is really hard for me cuz ya know I want them to just [​IMG] **POP** [​IMG] right out...lol.

Can't wait to see pics !!!!!!

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by