And why exactly am I looking at egg auctions?

SkyWarrior

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2010
Wilds of Montana
It's going to be too darn cold when the chicks arrive! I have no money! I go out of town once a month for two months! Hunting season is in November!
barnie.gif
he.gif

So, why am I looking at chicken hatching eggs?
hide.gif

Quote:
Oh, me too! I know one incubator will be free in a few days (3 of 7 eggs hatched so far today) but I've got an order of eggs coming next week to refill it. The second incubator of 7 eggs will be free next week.... I'd thought about doing the Trader Joe's eggsperiment with that one.... The third incubator has 7 eggs which won't hatch for another 18 days, so that one is out.

I could probably hold off on the TJ eggs - they'll always be around. But the auctions WON'T! And, darn you, I'm heading that way right now.

Last edited:
Greyes:
"I could probably hold off on the TJ eggs - they'll always be around. But the auctions WON'T!"

Greyes, I think I love you!!! Smile.....Yes, You all need to keep looking at the egg auctions....Pretty birds and pretty eggs are there!!!! Nancy

Because you don't have enough fuzzy love occupying your time and attention?

I'm very proud of myself for resisting the urge to buy eggs.

I've been able to avoid that temptation by hatching an inordinate number of my own eggs. I have d'Uccles coming out of my ears!!

My incubators have been empty since the end of June.sure I look at egg auctions just bought some more soon though I'll be trying my own eggs once they get out of the pullet eggs and I'm planning on trying some of mine to fill up the incubator with my shipped eggs.......I don't even have my new chicken houses finished yet good thing we have mild weather until November or December or my horses are going to be out in the mud.....

Because it's addicting?
lau.gif

I'm doing the same thing. I've got 20+ eggs in now, 6 on the way and I just won another auction.
ep.gif
DH doesn't know about that one yet. He's out moose hunting. Oh well, he won't notice a thing.
hide.gif
gig.gif

Hey, my theory is the more I've got, the better the odds I'll have some hatch.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
That's my theory as well. PLUS, the more I am able to hatch, the better a chance I have at obtaining pullets.
roll.png

I'm going to SERIOUSLY have to develop a method of re-homing those cockerels.

There are just too many more beautiful breeds to add to my flock!

There is a solution to your problem. Fill your coop to capacity. It doesn't stop me from looking, but it does stop me from buying, at least until my new coop is done.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom