Andalusian 8 mo.... need advice please. lethargic

RoxanneSoCal

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 7, 2010
Temecula
1) What type of bird , age and weight. Blue Andalusian approx 8 mo 4 lbs
2) What is the behavior, exactly. She is not as active as others. laying in run. she is losing feathers and I assume she is molting. when free ranging, last to exit run and goes back in run before others.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? 4 days
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? no
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. no
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. We bought her about a month ago. They just started free ranging 2-3 hrs a day last week
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. layer mash, grit, organic greens, water with acv
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. have pics attached
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? i separated her today. gave her yogurt with cooked organic oatmeal and acv
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? i would like to handle this, if possible.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use 10x 20 run , 40 sf wood house with roosts, 4 nesting boxes with pine shavings

Any input would be appreciated.

she is eating but not with a purpose. When she is laying outside, she looks LOW and WIDE..... We have only owned chickens for a few months and this is our first problem.... I really want to do this right. Im sorry if I don't know the proper terminology.

I had my husband feel and massage her crop which did not seem HUGE like pics I've seen.... He felt around her vent and backside for egg being stuck... As I said, this is our first issue so we really have nothing to compare

here is a link to the pics... hope I did this right
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploadimg_view.php?view=gallery

Last edited:
All of these pics are from today.... her poopies were over the course of about 2 hours

Her name is Headwig

67280_headwig1.jpg

67280_headwig3.jpg

67280_headwigpoop1.jpg

67280_headwig2.jpg

67280_headwig.jpg

67280_headwigpoop.jpg

67280_headwigpoop2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom