Andalusian hatching eggs for sale/ dozen or 1/2 dozen

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NOnuggets, Feb 26, 2009.

1. NOnuggets

NOnuggets Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Have never shipped...usually sell local, but if you would like to try these, I'd be willing to give it a go! What do you think they are worth? The blue roo has taken 1st in a local fair in Fancy Breed Rooster, one roo is black, one is blue, hens are blue. Can send pics.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Quote:I would say they would be worth $20-$25 + shipping for a dozen. I can't get any right now, but I would pay that for them if I could.
    ~Rebecca

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I think people will be more inclined to purchase if you post photos of the stock the eggs will be coming from. I think your price sound fair.

4. NOnuggets

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Fair enough! I think I just figured out how to do that...Keep in mind this guy is au naturel - free-ranging, so his feathers are a bit tousled! Does this help, or should we do some more...?
    [​IMG]

5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Thats a good pic, if you have more I would say post some of hens too...when having to ship, you can't go wrong with more pics!
    Chicken people seem to be picture people too! [​IMG]

Rebecca

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I would take photos of him and a few of his girls and make them larger. Free Range is a selling point so be sure to include that in your sales offers. Buyers love to know that the parent stock leads happy, healthy lives. Also if you know what your flocks lineage is I would include that as well (breeders names or what hatchery they came from).

7. NOnuggets

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Okay...here's another go: A hen (all poofed out in cold weather), a young splash cockerel (related to the black - sold, not the daddy here) and the black (the other potential daddy) as a young roo...he is a year old now.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    those are some nice birds!

9. NOnuggets

Feb 23, 2009
    Coeur d'Alene Idaho
    Thanks! We try. The youngest of them were hatched by a surrogate hen, hoping over generations we can convince them to brood their own eggs...

10. chickenboy1993

chickenboy1993 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    ill give you $15 for 6 eggs is that okay?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by