Andalusians - Are they Showable?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantyhen'sfriend, Dec 30, 2009.

1. bantyhen'sfriend

bantyhen'sfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    I read somewhere (I think on Feathersite) that Andalusians were not showable. Is this true?

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Adnalusians are a recognised breed, so I can't imagine where you would have read that. For that matter, ANY healthy bird can be shown--how it is judged and placed varies depending on whether the breed and variety are recognised or not.

3. bantyhen'sfriend

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    I thought so, its just that I can't be too careful because I'm planning to show some Andalusians this year and I don't want to get some, get to a show, and find that I can't place because I can't show them.

4. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I think maybe the blacks and splashes aren't accepted. Only the blues.

But I could be wrong. [​IMG]

5. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Only the blues.

6. saladin

saladin Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    bantyhen'sfriend :

I thought so, its just that I can't be too careful because I'm planning to show some Andalusians this year and I don't want to get some, get to a show, and find that I can't place because I can't show them.

You are still not understanding what has been said by sonoran.

Any pure-bred chicken can be shown and will place (unless DQ for some reason). However, only those breeds recognized by the APA and ABA can win more that Best of Variety or Best of Breed.

Besides, you don't just show up at a Poultry Show and expect to enter a bird. It must have been done by mail or by phone before hand.
    saladin​

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  7. bantyhen'sfriend

Mar 22, 2009
    Southern Wisconsin
    Quote:You are still not understanding what has been said by sonoran.

Any pure-bred chicken can be shown and will place (unless DQ for some reason). However, only those breeds recognized by the APA and ABA can win more that Best of Variety or Best of Breed.
    saladin

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the info everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by