Angel Arkwing Pigeons?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by chick magnet, Mar 21, 2012.

1. chick magnet

chick magnet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2012
    Was at a sale tonight and bought a pair of Frill-back pigeons and a pair of Ring-neck doves.Their was also some pigeons there that somebody called Angel Arkwings.But i did a search on here and nothing came up for them.They have a crest on their head,black wings,and a copperish brown body.Really thought they were pretty.Anybody have any info on this breed or raise them?
    And pictures would be great too,Thanks

2. chick magnet

Feb 12, 2012
    After doing some looking around,i see where i made my mistake.They're actually called Archangel pigeons.Anybody here raise these?Any pictures?Thanks

3. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Archangels are beautiful birds. Danny Joe at colorpigeons.com has some and ships.

4. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    They really are a gorgeous bird. I love the pronounced color difference from the back to the breast...

Where was this show you went to?

5. chick magnet

Feb 12, 2012
    Yeah,i love the color contrasts on them also.Its not really a show.Its a livestock sale that is held every wednesday night,not far from Dover,De.They sell LOTS ofchickens,pigeons,doves,guineas,etc.There are a few pigeon breeders that sell there occasionally.Anyway,i didnt get the ones i saw there,but got the breeders number and im gettn a pair of them from him next week.

6. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Archangels are so pretty. I've always wanted some. I especially like the gold blackwings and gold blue wings.

7. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Archangels are pretty easy to raise too. I had them in black wing bronze and white wing bronze at one time. Between them and my Fantails there was always a nest with squabs in it.

8. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    do you still keep pigeons!?

9. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wow! I love your Polish V-comb...especially those buff laced!

10. chick magnet

Feb 12, 2012
    For individual pairings,i was wondering what was an adequate sized cage would be.I have a cage that is 32" long,30" tall,and 24" deep.Would this cage work for a pair of pigeons,like a pair of Archangels?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by