1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Angel Food Ministry packages...

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by BowChickaBowMow, Jul 28, 2008.

1. BowChickaBowMow

BowChickaBowMow Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    Anyone on here get Angel Food packages? We started getting them this spring and it really helped our food budget. (meat in particular) And in return, it also helps the local church. They get $$ for each box sold.

This month we got BONELESS PORK LOIN FILLET

anyone have any suggestions for cooking this?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    I love pork loin. (And the family doesn't [​IMG] ).
    Wish I could come over & cook some up with ya! The only problem I have ever had with pork loin is that I have overcooked it. I would recommend cutting it into steaks and grilling it. Use sauce so it doesn't dry out. Or, cook the whole loin like a roast. Pork loin is really good with onions, green peppers and pineapple!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    We like putting pork loin roasts on the grill in one of those Turkey oven roasting bags set in a pan...add a small amount of water and the spices that you like plus onions, peppers... ours always turn out nice...sometimes we even add alittle BBQ sauce to the top....

4. 2 Beauts

2 Beauts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Virginia
    2 words.....

Crock pot!!

Rub in whatever seasoning you like. For us, it's season salt, pepper, garlic powder. add water to cover. Cook 4+/- on high, 8 +/- on low. Make some mashed potatoes, also some sauerkraut, and another vegetable, and you're done. If we have leftovers, we do either make pork taco's (to die for!), or BBQ pork sandwiches.

To make the taco's, use the leftover shredded pork and some of the leftover broth to keep it moist. Toss the meat on a tortilla and squeeze a fresh lime wedge on top. Then put on some homemade pico de gallo, and whatever else you like on your taco's. For us, it's a sprinkle of black beans and some sour cream, sometimes black olives.

Pico de Gallo:

chop a couple of tomatoes, about 1/2 as much onion, and 1 or 2 jalepeno's (sp?) to taste. Salt and pepper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by