ANGEL THE GOOSE

Discussion in 'Geese' started by team guava pastry, Feb 4, 2009.

1. team guava pastry

team guava pastry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Miami, FL
    [​IMG] i have a white chinese goose and believe he's a male by his aggresive behavior. i would like to know if the females and males look the same. i am considering getting him a girlfriend. any advise/suggestions would be appreciated.
    thanks, TGP

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Could you post pictures?

I think that Chinese are more easily sexed by their notch(males have more prominant notch than females) than anything. Maybe if you post pics of his/her head specifically as well as general shots it would make identifying the sex easier.

Also, getting him a girlfriend will most likely not calm his aggressive behavior if that is what you were hoping to achieve.

-Kim

3. team guava pastry

Feb 4, 2009
    Miami, FL
    he is only aggresive towards some people. mainly males (humans that is). the female is more so he has someone to hang out with. the gonzos and ducks in the naighborhood want nothing to do with him. he's always honking and i feel he's just BORED.

i will post pics as soon as i figure out how to.

thanks, TGP

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  4. team guava pastry

Feb 4, 2009
    Miami, FL

5. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

that wasn't a picture... My man chinese goose has a gigantic head bump, sticks up at least an inch over his head... plus he makes a high pitched squeaky honk, not a classic HONK honk... I'm considering getting mine a lady too...

6. team guava pastry

Feb 4, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Hopefully here's a picture of him. [​IMG]
    His major problem is that he was handed raised and now he thinks he is a person.

Can you tell by the picture if he is a male?

7. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    My Seb Zeena was hand raised by me and did fine until she was about
    6-7 months old. She just went into a decline. The chickens and ducks shut her out of their lives and she just hung her head and sobbed. [​IMG]
    That's how I ended up with 6 geese! She is sooooo happy now! She is the BOSS of them all now! [​IMG]

8. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    It looks male to me by the knob.

-Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by