Angel wing Chinese gosling

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Carollynn, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Carollynn

Carollynn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2014
    2 days ago I noticed that my ?4 month old Chinese gosling's little wings were not being held in/up. "Her" flight feathers are just starting to come in so they are getting heavy. After some research, I vet wrapped her torso holding her wings up. I did turn her loose with the others as she was very upset being separated.
    Anyone out the done this with success in the outcome? Also, how long does she need to wear it approximately??? I included a picture if her wrapped.

2. Carollynn

Jun 29, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Here she is... Wrapped

3. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

I´vre done it with some of mine. After 3 days the wrappings fell off, of I took them off and all was ok. If you catch it early enough, it can be corrected. I didn´t wrap the body on mine, just the two parts of the limb together for support, and it was fine.

4. Carollynn

Jun 29, 2014
    I have been researching the site about angel wing and I keep seeing people saying that they had a hard time wrapping their duckling/gosling. I watch a lot of Animal Planet! I cut the leg part off of my husbands old sock and put it over her head. It immediately calmed her down and she laid quite still while I wrapped her. As soon as I was finished and happy with the job, I place her on the ground and removed the "blinder". She popped up and off she went.

5. Carollynn

Jun 29, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Unwrapped my baby yesterday after 4 days. Wings up and in place. [​IMG]

6. livininbrazil

livininbrazil Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Beautiful birds.

7. Carollynn

Jun 29, 2014
    Thank you. They are very sweet.
    [​IMG]

8. Carollynn

Jun 29, 2014
    So far so good. It's been a week and I can't tell there was anything wrong with her. Yeah.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by