Angel wing or just hurt?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TorchwoodMindfreak, Jun 1, 2011.

1. TorchwoodMindfreak

TorchwoodMindfreak Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2011
    Well my six ducks were doing good but now I've noticed one of them has a hurt wing. It's only one of them and it sticks out wierd. I noticed it after my grandma's puppy had been pestering them through the cage and making them all flap around like crazy. He's just about got all of his teenage feathers now. Do you think this could auto correct itself or do I need to do something? There's not a way that I can think to seperate him from the others if say I had to tape it. I know you probably can't help much without a pic so I'll try to get one up here tomorrow. Thanks.

2. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    It would help, if you have mentioned the age and a picture. I assume it is around 6 weeks from your description. That is the age angel wing shows. It does need to get corrected with wrapping. And it is the same wrapping for an injured wing. I had a duck fall out of the kiddie pool injuring the wing. Healed up nicely with wrapping.

3. TorchwoodMindfreak

Apr 3, 2011
    He'll be 7 weeks old on saturday. And here are the best pics I could get. What do I wrap it with?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    It looks like angel wing to me. You can get vet wrap at feed stores, I believe that is what most people use to wrap it.

5. TorchwoodMindfreak

Apr 3, 2011
    Well Thayer is all wrapped up now. I'll let you guys know how it turns out in a couple of days.

6. TorchwoodMindfreak

Apr 3, 2011
    Well the wrap is off and his wing looks alot better, just like new [​IMG]

7. hossfeathers

hossfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2009
    Yah! Hope it stays better!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by