Angel wing wrap help?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Savager, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Savager

Savager Chirping

Nov 14, 2018
    image.jpg I've just hatched my first duck on my own, a month ago yesterday. She seems overall healthy except for she looks like she is starting to exhibit angel wing. This was one thing I was worried about because one of my laying ducks has it, and we thought it might be genetic because all three of them had the same diet and the other two had no problems. I was worried, so I made sure I watched her diet and only have her high protein for two weeks, and then I started mixing the chick starter with corn half and half. She also gets peas nearly everyday, so I am not worried about niacin. At this point I've done what I can to prevent it, but it seems to still have shown up. I was hoping someone could help with how to wrap the wing to correct it, as I believe with my first duck I caught it too late and it didn't work. She has just started to get her flight feathers in the past day or two. It seems worse on the left but a little bit on the right should I wrap both, or just the worse one.

2. Savager

Savager Chirping

Nov 14, 2018
    Update, I think she caught her wing on something and her blood feathers started bleeding, so we brought her inside to be safe. Put flour on it to stop the bleeding and sprayed it with antiseptic. Planning on trying to wrap it during the time she's inside

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: