Angel wing?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyMama0309, Apr 3, 2017.

1. DuckyMama0309

DuckyMama0309 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    I think one of my ducklings might have Angel wing. But it is only one wing. Can angel wing happen to one wing? I am posting pictures. It is difficult to get Squeaker to stand still long enough to take pictures. lol

[​IMG]

On the right.
    [​IMG]

This one he/she is at the bottom of the picture.
    [​IMG]

2. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Yes, it can happen to one wing. Cut your feed with rolled oats about 25%, and see if you can get them some greens or on grass a bit... I have only had this happen when I got lazy about cutting feed and not getting enough greens or outside time... (with 3 different breeds in same hatch ....). Even wild waterfowl can get it if the proteins and or concentrates are too high... you want to slow growth.... (same thing works with people;0)

3. DuckyMama0309

DuckyMama0309 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2017
    Pensacola, FL
    Ok thank you. Although they are only getting 16% protein and I am feeding them greens and grass. They have been getting greens and grass for about 3 weeks now, they are 5 weeks old today. I didn't start giving the food with less protein until last week because I didn't realize they needed less protein after 3 weeks. But they went from 20% protein to 16% almost a week ago.

Am I going to need to wrap his/her wing? If so that is going to be a difficult feat as neither one of them like to be picked up or held.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by