Angel wing?

Mandarin28

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2021
I am new to raising Mandarin ducks and ducklings this year. I hatched out 5 a month ago and I just noticed their wings are looking similar to angel wing but I don't have enough experience to determine for sure. I read that I should have switched their feed (Purina game bird 30% protein) a long time ago but I just learned that today in my research. I quick switched it to chick starter of 18% protein until I can go out and buy something different for them. My question is, does this look like angel wing or is it just their feathers coming in? If its angel wing... is it early enough that I can correct it with a change of diet or do I have to intervene and wrap their wings? They are pretty much wild so the less I have to touch them the better.

Attachments

• 20210621_181113.jpg
    20210621_181113.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210621_181120.jpg
    20210621_181120.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210621_181201.jpg
    20210621_181201.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 15
I am new to raising Mandarin ducks and ducklings this year. I hatched out 5 a month ago and I just noticed their wings are looking similar to angel wing but I don't have enough experience to determine for sure. I read that I should have switched their feed (Purina game bird 30% protein) a long time ago but I just learned that today in my research. I quick switched it to chick starter of 18% protein until I can go out and buy something different for them. My question is, does this look like angel wing or is it just their feathers coming in? If its angel wing... is it early enough that I can correct it with a change of diet or do I have to intervene and wrap their wings? They are pretty much wild so the less I have to touch them the better.
That doesn't look like angel wing yet. Give it a few days and see.
Angel wing usually juts out at an awkward angle from the body.
Sometimes when the flight feathers first start to emerge they are just a little too heavy for them to keep tucked under for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom