Anger, sadness, dissapointment..UPDATE! live chick!

turtleblossom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
Kentucky
I got up to check my 'bator this morning and found it at 110. It is day 20, and I killed them all. This is the second time I have gotten within days of hatching and something has gone wrong. I am so dissapointed that I am seriously thinking of giving up on hatching my own entirely. I have been daydreaming about dragging my 'bator out to the middle of the pasture and beating the #$%* out of it with a baseball bat (anyone seen the movie Office Space?).
I know that when my dear hubby comes home to find me sitting on the floor,holding dead eggs and wailing"...why lord?...why?", he willl immediatly offer to buy me the fanciest, most high falootin' 'bator out there. But I don't know if I have it in me to take care of eggs for three weeks just to kill them in the end. Again.

Last edited:
I have done this too.................. I hear that close to the end, the eggs hold heat , there fore causing the temp to go up. So what I do is lower the temp on day 18. or open all the vents, and in one bator I turn a small fan on, this things seem to help.

ALso, do not throw the eggs out, wait a few days.

So sorry

barnie.gif
somad.gif
hit.gif
rant.gif
he.gif
th.gif
Is that about how you feel? I am so sorry. I have thought long and hard about getting a bator but Have decided to just use my cochins here when they grow. That has to to be so incredibly frustrating. I think I would be crying too.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear this....this seems to be the biggest (or at least most heartbreaking) problem with hatching. I will be a basket case as mine get nearer.

hugs.gif

No incubator is fail safe unless you add a backup thermostat. While you're wiring that in, consider adding an alarm (doorbell buzzer) for high or low temperature spikes.

So sorry. That is so frustrating to have come so close and have it be heartbreaking.

I have been very happy with the Brinsea I got after all these posts scared me about the stryofoam incubators. It was rock solid on tempature, never varied from a 99.5 - 99.8 range. Just in case your DH is looking for suggestions.

I plead with you get another bator if using the lg. The 1588 is so worth it's weight in gold, have had near perfect hatches since I bought it last year. My lg I was lucky I got anything, my hatches were pretty much killed by the thing.

Quote:
yes I have seen office space and I felt the same way about my LG. Genisis 1588 is great miss Prissy is correct!!!

I am so sorry though a new bator wont change your heartache today
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom