Angie N Maine?????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by SeaChick, Oct 28, 2007.

1. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Hi Angie,
    Are your still willing to give it a try letting Hazel into your flock? We're seriously talking about it. Olivia is VERY sad but we are talking about it. The more we watch her (pacing back and forth at the wire, seeming to wish to be out, and pecking the others only when confined) the more we think that she's just not happy in confinement. (Although RIRs are supposed to be good with it...) It's just so weird that all this came on SO SUDDENLY with the advent of her egg-laying. We keep thinking it'll just stop as suddenly as it started.... Hopefully the move to another home would be all it takes. That and more free-ranging?
    Anyway, let us know. A woman here in town needs to rehome her whole small flock so we could take 2 of her girls to replace Hazel. That would probably make the whole thing easier on Olivia...
    Thanks so much,
    Stacey

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Sorry, I didn't see this, been in and out today. I sent you an e-mail. I am definitely willing to give it a try. Sorry you and Olivia are having to make this decision, but I am happy to help.
    I don't have much in the way of layers, just an Australorp and a Black Star and then the rest are all odd breeds (some that don't lay very well except for in Spring), and then the 4 EE's. So it'd be nice to have a good layer that doesn't lay miniature eggs.

3. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Hi Angie- I got your email and replied. Thanks so much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by