1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Angle of egg turner

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jdinky, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Jdinky

Jdinky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2014
    USA
    Im making a homemade incubator an was wondering if someone could tell me the angle that their egg turner turns the eggs to. Thanks

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i bought one from a thrift store and asked a few people. finally figured it was working right and on a clock with hands it turned to 2:00 . not as much as i would of thought.

3. Jdinky

Feb 22, 2014
    USA
    Well my thoughts were to put a brick or two under one end of the incubator instead of paying $40 for a turner an i was wondering what angle the egg turners used.

4. Daedalus62

Daedalus62 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2013
    Portugal
    My Coop
    Hi,

I believe factory/industrial incubators tilt the eggs around 40º either side, from horizontal (0º).

Cheers [​IMG]

PS: If you're tilting the whole incubator, what happens to you water tray(s)?... Just curious... [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  5. Jdinky

Feb 22, 2014
    USA
    Im going to dry hatch and on day 18 when i add water the incubator will be staying flat, and if i do need water i have places i will put wet sponges

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by