1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Angora rabbit for FREE in Ma great for spinning*** Went to a new home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrykeeper08, Nov 14, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i have a male angora rabbit that i rescued from an auction a few weeks back . His whole coat was one big matt and was dyed yellow from being soaked with urine . i shaved him and have been feeding him and he is putting on wieght .
    His coat is hort but is growing longer and longer . He would be great for some one that wanted to use his wool for spinning .
    he is a very sweet rabbit . When i shaved him he actually rolled over like a dog so i could shave his stomach

i am only asking what i paid for him and that is 20 dollars

If any one canf give this great guy a home that would be great .

He is all white with grey on his nose feet and tips of his ears . He also has red eyes

[​IMG]
    that was when i first got him and he just got shaved

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    He is now free . If no one takes him i will either have to bring him to the auction or the humane society

3. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] I want him ...but you are kinda far

4. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    He's worth the drive !!!

He is the sweetest bunny i have ever met . He licks like a dog . WHen i had to shave his stomach he rolled over like a dog so i could shave his stomach . I couldnt belive he rollled over .

I really dont want to bring him to the auction .

5. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    I wish I could but the map quest said 1 1/2 hrs. My DH would flip

6. foxonfire

foxonfire Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I'd also take him- but you are way, way, too far for me! You should keep him- Angora's make great pets- just keep him brushed and you'll be fine. Plus you can make some money on the side by selling his fiber (fur)!

If you absoultely can't keep him, I'd suggest looking for rabbit rescues in your area!

7. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    not too far off 90? my sister is going to boston for thanksgiving???? maybe should could pick him up on her way thru.

8. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    im about 15 minutes from 90 !

I know i had angoras before but i have 10 other pet rabbits . I keep my females with my females and my males in piars and he just doesnt like to get along with the boys . Hes not mean he just tries to mount all the males and i dont want that !

My other rabbits are jersey woolys so i know about the brushing

I also have 2 gray dwarf males that need to go to . I just feel so bad when i see them go through on the auction line so i have to save them !!

9. barnkat

barnkat Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    Western Mass
    Hey dude, I just saw that someone in Belchertown is looking for an Angora rabbit on the westernmass craigslist...

the ad is here

10. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    poultrykeeper try them, i just spoke to my mom, i thought she would love the idea. love isn't a word i would use. sorry i thought i had a great home for ya. good luck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by