angry, angry and very angry

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Luke0987654321, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Luke0987654321

Luke0987654321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Spain
    hi,
    this happened yesturday at around 7 pm, i had let the rabbit loose in the chicken run for half an hour (she gets along fine with the hens) so i goto get some dry bread, which is her fav treat, so while i'm upstairs, i hear giggling, and laughing, so go out so see what is happening, and 5 boys, about 6-7 years old are trowing stones at my hens, the they see my doe, so i start screaming at them to stop, they see me running up, and bang! they threw a rock on poor Bam Bams head, they quickly run away and i go up to Bam Bams, she was dead, her head had been crushed, then i noticed one of my pullets doing summer-salts on the ground, i assumed that she was dead, picked her up and the doe,and bring them upstairs.
    After me practically breaking a chair because i was so angry, i noticed my pullet walking around the house as if it was her own little coop, i quickly pick her up and look at her head, all she has is a bruise and a little cut, she survived the night, so that is a good sign, but Bam Bams was long gone....
    i am so angry at the moment, we are going to put up some higher fence tomorrow.
    i was going to call the police, but thought that the next time they come around i will be prepared with my digital camera [​IMG]

luke.

2. Qi Chicken

Qi Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2009
    WHAT!?!?!??!?!!??

Do you know these kids????????? Do they live near you??????????? They killed your rabbit throwing stones at it? FIND their parents. OMG I WANT TO YELL NOW NOW NOW> Kind people do not torture animals. These kids have to be aware of what they have done. Take your poor rabbit to the parents house and show them. I am SO SO sorry for your loss. Thank goodness it wasn't more. Call the Police NOW to inform them about what has happened, take poor bam bam to the parents and so if there is a next time (God forbid) there will be prior documentation. I would be HORRIFIED if my child did anything like this. RIP Bam Bam.

3. Bizzybirdy

Bizzybirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    North of Nashville
    I think you should absolutely report that incident to the police. If not, those sadistic kids will think they got away with killing your poor rabbit and almost killing your chix and that is not good.

They will come back when you are not home and/or kill someone else's poor animal. If they are found and stopped now maybe they will get some help and not grow up and kill a human.

Please do it for your adorable rabbit. Taking photos of them killing again will not solve anything. The police will believe you. Call them tomorrow. Am so sorry for your loss.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    OMG! That's horrible. Did you recognize any of the kids? I'd want to talk to the parents.

Not too long ago I was working in the coop and I could here MY kids laughing and the horse running in the pen. He doesn't normally do that.
    I run around the corner to see my two boys throwing dirt clods (no rocks in my corral) at the horse and laughing. I couldn't believe it. MY KIDS???

I pulled their pants down and spanked them on their bare bottoms right on the spot. I was so angry!!! My kids are always so kind to the animals
    and help care for them. I don't know why they did what they did other than they got a rile out of the horse and got carried away. I would want to
    talk to the parents and I would want the kids to know that my beloved pet died because of their carelessness.

I am so sorry. That is both shocking and heartbreaking. [​IMG]

5. Turtle Island

Turtle Island Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2010
    I have to echo the previous posts. The parents of these children need to know what has happened. What a horrific thing for those children to do -- I'm so very sorry for your loss.

6. Luke0987654321

Luke0987654321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Spain
    hi,
    i do not know the parents or the kids at all, i will call the police in the morning and show them what they did to my beloved Bam Bams
    she was the one that had a broken leg, i went to the vet and all, she was all fixed up....
    and i had mated her two weeks ago... i feel like banging those kids heads toghether (i wont, dont worry). i think they were just at the restaurant in front of my house and had come up for a walk, and were bored, saw some poor inocent animals and decided they were going to have fun...

luke.

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

First... SO sorry for your loss Luke. [​IMG]

2nd... I'd definitely file a report. Children that young should NOT be entering other people's property... for your sake obviously, but also because there are freaking lunatic predators out there... what sort of pathetic excuse for a parent lets their child run all over hell and gone with NO supervision... morons NEED to be educated... for their kids' sake... and those kids need educating for theirs... not to mention maybe therapy, you know what they say about kids who like killing small animals...

3rdly... If it was MY kid (of course it'd have to be after they went to someone's house and were then ignored by those parents) I would most definitely want to know what my child was doing, or what the crowd they're hanging with is doing. I wouldn't want MY kid ending up in Juvie because his buddy was a moron. Granted these parents haven't shown much give-a-dang since they're letting them run loose like a pack of wolves, but still... better for them to know about this so NEXT TIME they'll be less likely to believe their poor innocent lamb did such a thing...

8. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    Quote:sorry for your loss [​IMG]

I would've chased those kids down the street and done more than bang their heads together. To hell with the term 'assualt' its called citizens arrest.

Kids where I live think it's funny to stand outside a ladies house and shout in the middle of the night, she has some form of psychological disorder and they think its funny that she runs out wearing rags and yelling curses at them.

Kids who start with rabbits, work up to tormenting people. Do NOT let them get away with it!! Innocent animals arent fun to torture!! They are fun to feed and cuddle.

Seriously, I cant believe how neglectful parents are these days. I'm only 19 but I would NEVER have done anything like that!!

9. WTH. Don't kids have any thing better to do than kill someone elses pets ?

I would call the authorities and at least provide them with what you know of these morons.

I would also demand retribution from the parents and SEE what kind of attitude they have.

Some families just do not care what their kids do and this will give you a heads up if things get ignorant.

Getting away with out any sort of calling will only intice them to come back and kill more of your animals.

Unfortunately you can not shoot them like you would a pest dog.

If I knew one of my kids killed some ones pet I would not hesitate to bring the worst thing I could think of apon them. This is immoral and an outrage.

10. huntercf

huntercf Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Get yourself some pepper spray and if they come back let them have it. There is no excuse for what happened, those kids were suffereing from BPS (bad parent syndrome). I hope they catch those huligans and a night or 2 in juvie would do them some good!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by