Angry button quail

Sophia_luvbug

Chirping
May 14, 2022
I originally had three male and three female eventually one female died of unknown causes and then the three male room with the two female and it didn’t go so well another female got ill. We don’t know what the virus was so now I have three males and one female so I put the two most dominant males in a cage together and they were fine and I put the docile mail with the last female so they weren’t lonely. I incubated some eggs again from the female who had passed. The babies are now six weeks old, and I introduced him to the female in the mail. The clutch of babies were three birds, one hand two roosters so now in total, I have five roosters and two hens, although in the cage at the moment there’s only two roosters and two hen in one cage. The problem is when I put the docile mail in with the two aggressive mail. He’s making this brand new noise I’ve never heard before, and whenever he makes it the other Roosters come running over to them I took a video it will be in the below section is this normal? This is the first day back together. Should they be in a bigger living area? Should I add more foliage and I have a photo of one of the baby roosters I can’t figure out what color he is if anyone could help me with this I am new to owning button quail, so any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 0FFB44E4-CE91-46FC-A4D2-07D932D52F00.jpeg
    0FFB44E4-CE91-46FC-A4D2-07D932D52F00.jpeg
    349.4 KB · Views: 33
How much space do they have? They should have at least one square foot per bird, more is better. Lots of hiding places would also be good.

You might consider cleaning and rearranging their living space and putting all three in at the same time. That will put them on a more even level and make bullying of the new male less likely.

Back
Top Bottom