Angus must go...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I am a little sad to say that it's time for Angus to find a new home. I have been considering it since he's turned into a total butthead since the girls started laying. Both the other boys have been just fine, but Angus is the fight starter, EVERYTIME.

I was expecting to get a new Black & White drake today, he had lost his mate & his owner just wanted him to have some friends again. When he got here and i finally saw him..OMG, I was in looovee! He's a BEAUTIFUL dark Chocolate BIG boy.. and to think, i had such a horrible time even finding Angus.

I figued, I guess this is 'a sign', it's time for Angus to move on to a new home, with his own girls where he wont be able to beat the crap out of Sidney all day long.

ta ta Angus..
    [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Poor Angus. I hope he goes to a home with lots of lovely girls for company. He is rather a handsome looking fellow.

I have a drake who was about to be rehomed due to his behaviour. He was hand raised and attacked my feet every time I walked out the door. I was all set to advertise him- and blow me down- he stopped. I have had two weeks with my well behaved boy now, and so will let him stay. He became part of my little family- and it would be too sad to say goodbye. Im glad I dont have to now.

3. crazybarnlady

crazybarnlady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2010
    langley, BC, Canada
    he TOTALLY looks like an angus- I couldn't picture him with any other name- very handsome fellow

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I've had to pull him off of Sidney at least a couple times a day over the last couple weeks... he's just driving me crazy being so agressive with Sidney.

The new guy is just kinda 'Lumpy' and doesn't bother with even puffing up at the other boys. He's even an older boy (3yrs).. I just don't wanna go out one morning to find one of my boys all messed up because Angus was being a jerk, again. He was one I found of CL a while back & Sidney I raised from a baby so I know I could NEVER rehome Sid. I just don't wanna find any of my other boys OR girls(!) all bloodied up one day. I've been going back and forth for over a week now but seeing the new guy & his personality & general attitude I just know Angus' "attitude" is not something I want to breed into the future babies that would come from him.

It's a crappy situation but I think it's better for everyone else. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG]

Be sure to post pictures of the new boy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by