Animal blankets **Pic Heavy**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jeaucamom, Dec 9, 2007.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Those chicken potholders were soooooo cute, it inspired me to dig out an unfinished project and not only finish it but do one for me finally. You see, in 2004 I was dying of breast and thyroid cancer. I had so many complications that it was pretty sure I was not going to make it. I really wanted something tangible and personal I could leave with my kids that maybe they would want to share with their kids. So when I saw these patterns it was perfect for my animal loving small kids. First is Austins "I love turtles" blanket. Then Caity's teddy bears (not sure what the two light spots are on the pic). I got too sick to finish Jessica's (I only have a few more dogs to put together and then put all the squares together) and when I was finally out of the woods and recovering....well... I just never picked it up and finished it. BUT now I want a chicken blanket for me. I am thinking I could adapt that pattern and make a chicken blanket for me. I know, kind of silly. But my kids and I are close and it will be cool for us all to have our special blankies. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    How pretty. You are very talented for sure and you have beautiful kiddos. I'm so glad you are recovered from your cancer. Now, make that chicken blanket and be sure to show us!

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    You are such a inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your private and painful memories. I am so thankful that God healed you so that you can raise your lovely children. Please finish your blanket as a reminder of your strength and Gods love and mercy. Laura

4. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    my ex is dying right now and it warms my heart to see this. you have lucky lucky kids.

5. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Bless your heart! What a wonderful idea the blankets are. They are sooo pretty and the story behind them is so touching. Please make yourself the chicken blanket. Show it to us when you are done. I just love the colors you used.

6. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Quote:I am so sorry, I don't know what to say to make it any less painful that it is. I will though pray fervently for your husbands healing, and I know that God can heal him, and for you, for God to give you the strength to endure. Laura

7. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Picklespickles, I am really sorry to hear about your ex. Your kids must be having a hard time. I put all mine in grief counseling while I was ill, before I died, so that way if they any questions or unresolved issues, there was still time to ask me or to resolve it. It made all the difference in the world. I will be praying for both of you and your families. Be blessed, Suz

8. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    omg i love turtles lol

9. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    you guys are great. it is not something i talk about very often. i visit regularly to make sure everything is okay with nurses, aides and such. enough groceries, etc. no kids though, well, except the chihuahuas which we share custody of. lol. oh and uh, well, he's a she.

yall take care.

and again, i LOVE those blankets.

[​IMG]

10. nccountrygirl

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    sorry pickles my mistake.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by