animal control came and said to get rid of my chickens!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by b.hromada, Feb 24, 2009.

1. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

This afternoon the animal control officer came by and said someone complained about my having chickens!! [​IMG] He said that he couldn't say a thing about the ducks, but the chickens have to go. I was crying my eyes out [​IMG] [​IMG] . Hubby says we'll go over to city hall and speak with our commissioners. I will be conducting an email to them also. I refuse to give them up, after all, they have not bothered a soul. Like most of us will say, its probably someone with nothing better to do but make others lives miserable. I'll will keep you posted, as I'm NOT going to give up, heck, I've had them for 8 months, and no one has said a thing! [​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

has your roo been crowing? I cannot think of why anyone would dislike your chickens... [​IMG] I'd FIGHT it, too! Good luck!

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

no, no roo, I rehomed him a month ago, and before that, he stayed in the house at night.

4. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    [​IMG] Hope it all works out

5. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Oh that stinks. I hope you fight and I hope you win!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

thanks so much, so do I. [​IMG]

7. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I'm sorry. That is one of my worst fears.
    Do you have any jealous neighbors?

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

no, not that I know of anyway. I keep asking the hubby who he thinks did it, and he says, he has no idea either. Why don't people find better things to do with their time, something important like reporting a REAL crime, huh?

9. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Oh! I'm sorry - a pox on any nosy meddling neighbors...anwhere! I hope you can find a way to keep your clucks.

10. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    b.hromada :

Why don't people find better things to do with their time, something important like reporting a REAL crime, huh?

Yea really then maybe the crime rate would go down instead of innocent chickens​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by