animal control.......grrr

Tala

Flock Mistress
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Benton (Saline County) AR
What's the point of having my name and number on my dog's collar if they don't call me when they pick up my dog????????????????
rant.gif
he.gif

hide.gif

I think it's more for our peace of mind and so other people can call if your dog is found. I don't think it's animal controls job to look up where every dog the find on the street that has tags lives and return it. They have alot ofother important things to be doing too. I think they see it as it's more your reaponsibility to keep your dog on your property and if it gets ouT it's your own fault come an' get it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on your rant...

Quote:
Shes not saying that she wanted them to deliver the dog to her but she wanted to be told when they picked up her dog.

I dont know why they wouldnt. Most of the time the people that work at an animal control facility want to get as many animals out of there alive as they can.

He was the ONLY dog there wearing a collar. A blaze orange hunting collar.

I was driving around looking for him, and when I couldn't find him I called them. Good thing too coz they were about to close! I asked if they'd had any calls about a yellow Lab near the park that he'd been out about an hour, and she says to somebody in the background "where did you pick up that yellow Lab?" - two streets over from me. I asked if he was wearing an orange collar? Yes. So I asked if I could come get him now. They asked about my vet and his rabies tag and all that jazz and said to hurry because they closed at 4:30 (it was like 4:15)
He's super friendly, it's not like it would have been hard to take a second look at the brass tag on the neon orange collar . . . . duh. I could understand if he was semi-aggressive or didn't want to be handled, but he's not at all.

They are a true animal control office, not a rescue/shelter type place. I don't think they keep dogs very long. Considering that he was the ONLY one with a collar, and obviously neutered and taken care of, why not give that collar a second look?????

ETA: and yes I had to pay like $25 to get him out, which didn't seem too bad really. And they let me in after they had closed the gate, because they knew I was coming. They weren't terrible about it, but I wouldn't have had to rush so much if they had called when they first got him to the shelter.

Last edited:
My dog has gotten out once in his entire life and when animal control picked him up he was sleeping on my front porch. The report said " picked up from owners front porch" apperently our neighbor hates us.

Back
Top Bottom