Animal Cruelty?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by chickensioux, Feb 3, 2011.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    It's stupid, that's for sure. Those poor muscovies.

3. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I have a better game-how about chasing those drunken fools with a cattle prod...idiots...[​IMG]

4. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    Did someone on there actually chase a duck with an electric cattle prod? Why can't they race the ducks, if they have to do it, for a reward like peas rather than spooking them?

I don't know what to think of a vet who goes around wearing a beer box on his head...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Nope that was just my idea of payback for the way they treated those poor ducks.

6. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    Idiots!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I'm sorry, but this will get just as much success in being called animal cruelty as rodeos do. [​IMG] I agree, but "fun" events like this usually don't get torn down.

8. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    I think this one of those situations, that is a double edged sword. To most of us, who own ducks, we know it's not very nice to the ducks. It will be rare to say the least to find a duck who AT ALL enjoys this. However, it's not really "cruelty" in a law recognized way. They are not physically harming the ducks, not fighting them, etc.

But in the end, I think it's mean. I know my ducks, are always frightened if someone starts chasing them. I would never do that to mine. Heck, I don't even like having to go after them to catch them, even if it's for their own good, because I know it makes me "scary."

9. Shiloh Acres

Shiloh Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Hmm ... Wonder if I could enter and have someone release the duck while I stand at the finish line shaking The Big Yellow Cup? I'm sure I could get my entrant to run past the others for the sake of food.

10. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Quote:x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by