animal pelts (i think rabbit) for trade or sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Feb 4, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have these 3 small skins, I have been cleaning out my closets and have no use for these any one want to make a trade? Good for crafts

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    yes, they r dyed rabbit furs. [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    what are you looking for in trade? I can see those as a purse/bag for my DD. Or what would you want to sell them for?

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:how do you know they are dyed? I was wondering since the markings on the brown ones seemed very cat like lol. The black one is dyed too? interesting. Any takers???

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:Oh I dont really care anything chicken related or quail eggs would be cool too [​IMG] They still have the price on them, the big one that was not cut was about $9 so I estimate they are worth about $15 -$20 whatever you like [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:how do you know they are dyed? I was wondering since the markings on the brown ones seemed very cat like lol. The black one is dyed too? interesting. Any takers???

They are dyed like a cat...that is not a natural rabbit pattern. The black is most likely dyed as well because natural black rabbits are usually not that black and perfectly colored.

I will have to pass on the purchase because I can buy them at wholesale but let me look around and see what I have available for trade.

I think I have some stuff in that department.

7. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa

They are dyed like a cat...that is not a natural rabbit pattern. The black is most likely dyed as well because natural black rabbits are usually not that black and perfectly colored.

I will have to pass on the purchase because I can buy them at wholesale but let me look around and see what I have available for trade.

I think I have some stuff in that department.

yep that is not a normal pattern on the 2 that's how i knew and the black same as said above but also skins r natural colors when tanned not black, so yes the black one is dyed also. they should look white/cream in color, i also raise rabbits and am a trapper,lol so that helped to know also. they r very beautiful and would make lovely purses ect. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    oh thank you, having a ds and not a dd and being a tom boy (dont use purses my back pocket holds all I need) I have no use for them they are supper soft though I think a purse would be a great idea. Thanks for all the info [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by