Animal Planet Investigates Petland

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by AmberH, May 17, 2010.

1. AmberH

AmberH Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Animal Planet is airing their investigation of the pet store chain "Petland", who are the largest retailer of puppy mill puppies in the US.

Monday, May 17th, 10pm ET.

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-schedule ... 129051.0.0

Be sure to check it out and pass the info along to friends/family. The more people who know where pet store puppies come from, the better!!

2. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    if people only knew where these pet store dogs come from, puppymills are also selling on the net, buy reputable

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Uh oh! They took it down and it said it is not available. Must have alot of complaints!

Found them but not in my area for viewing. UGH!

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugh. I hate puppy mills. And I hate most pet stores.
    But go figure I work at one of the only pet stores that sells puppies and kittens from legitimate professional breeders who raise their animals IN HOME. I have a ton of people come in and go "oh my gosh they sell puppies, must be from a puppy mill! hate hate hate..." Because we're a pet store. We're a mom n pop shop, we care about the animals (I'm hand feeding a baby RAT that one of the moms decided to ignore for christ's sake) and we CRIED when we sold our favorite parrot a few months ago. I think it's important to spread the word of puppy mills and I'm disgusted by most pet stores. But please know that not ALL of them are "bad guys".

Our puppies are kept in "cages" yes, but they get out throughout the day when there are no or few customers in the store and we have a vet right next door in case anything goes wrong.

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    i hated that we got a puppy from petland - just because i didnt want to support them. but Georgia turned out to be our best animal dog yet. She raises all our animals. hate petland employees down here too. They hire uneducated people.If you are goin to work around animals all day at least know something about them!

6. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    im gonna raid a puppy mill one day liberate them from under the so called fake breeders feet [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I'll be watching the news for this... [​IMG]
    Let us know before you do it... lol..

8. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    deal ![​IMG]

9. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    We have a petland in twon, I'm not sure if they are run by the same people but they sell puppies( the only store in two that does and we have tons of pet stores!). I was contemplating buying one from them but they refused to tell me where they puppies came from.

10. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    No responsible dog breeder sells their dogs through pet stores. There is no reason to buy a puppy from a pet store.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by