Animal Planet needs a Chicken Expert / Doctor...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tim_AP, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Tim_AP

Tim_AP New Egg

Aug 11, 2010
    Hi there,

I am a producer on an Animal Planet show where we are in need of some Chicken advice!

Our story is in California and we are looking for someone that might be able to appear on camera to speak about back yard chickens - and / or - someone that can advise us on what to do with this particular story scenario.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tim

[email protected]

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Neat! I'm sure someone from Cali will be glad to help. I think a couple of the Mods are from the west coast.

3. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Hi Tim,
    Speckledhen knows lots of experts of different kinds from all over the world. I'd suggest you PM her; it will probably save you lots of time....

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hi Tim, [​IMG]

The owner/administrator of the site is Nifty-Chicken, I sent the link on to him.

P.S. He's already in CA.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  5. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Chookschick springs to mind. In any case I think you came to the right place.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Tim. If you find someone to work with you about backyard chickens, let us know when and what time the show will be airing on TV please. I'm sure you'll have alot of BYC'ers watching!

7. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Welcome tim -- I believe Nifty chick lives in CA he and his wife run byc....check him out.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Though some think I know chicken experts all over the world, that isn't exactly true. I do know chicken-keepers, but not necessarily expert/doctor level of knowledge, as you seem to need. Yes, contact Nifty-Chicken, the site owner, who lives in California-he is aware of your thread here. Maybe he can guide you in the right direction. [​IMG] Best of luck with your project.

9. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Nifty-Chicken, the administrator of the site will be a good person. He lives in CA. BTW, this shouldn't be posted here. You should've put this somewhere like Pictures and Stories or someh=thing like that. This isn't a chicken-related disease or injury. Please move it.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes Nifty would be the person to do it for you or whatever you need for Animal Planet!

Have fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by