animal portraits

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by painterman, May 14, 2010.

1. painterman

painterman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    london
    hi everyone im a relatively newbie around here. would like some feedback regarding this portrait of a dog i drew and was wondering if its good enough as i normaly paint pigeons and poultry. i have painted a couple of images of dogs in the past but this the first one iv done with pencil and felt'
    and any comments would be very apreciated.[​IMG]
    sometimes itsjust good to get a breeders or dog lovers perspective. as i know your a good bunch of people on here . thanks 4 reading this post. steve

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    AWWW I think its wonderful... Great job on the eyes

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

That is amazing! [​IMG] Very talented.

4. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    [​IMG]

5. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] I would love to be able to draw like that!!!! [​IMG] That is WONDERFUL, and it looks just like the pic except the color! Whatever you are doing keep it up!
    Oh, and maybe you could donate some drawings to contests on here! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Quote:"Good enough" As compared to what? I think you're off to a great start! You've captured the expression which is always the hardest part to do. I do alot of dog portraits myself, am a breeder (well, was anyway) and dog lover!

7. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    This is absolutely wonderful Steve! [​IMG] I love it! I think the eyes are the hardest to capture and you got it!! Great Job!

8. painterman

painterman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    london
    Hi there everyone
    thanks so much much for your comments .
    its nice that these forums exist [​IMG] where other members can have a look and comment . other than my daughter making funny remarks . lol
    its a shame my typing is not so great. i bought some artist pencils yesterday well i say that loosely as they was out of the 99p store [​IMG] so will give them a go. and would like to post another image on here soon in between painting my rooster signs if thats ok.
    [​IMG]

9. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Still they are soooo good!

10. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Here is my animal portrait.......... Does the painting I did look like her ?................ [​IMG]

Actually I did that one in college.......... but Sophie can act like a lion around food.

From one artist to another - very nice work.... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by