Animals in the burbs ~ post your pics!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mermaid_mama, May 4, 2009.

1. mermaid_mama

mermaid_mama New Egg

May 4, 2009
    If you live in the burbs, post pics of your animals and their set ups!
    I am looking for ideas......and cute pics! THANKS!

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We have our chickens (obviously), and some goats. We are smack dab in the middle of the city but with a decent backyard (by so. california standards anyway). Here are some of our goats:

The goats hanging out on the patio:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is their house shortly after we put it in place. It is just in the side area between our house and fence. It has a few things different now, but that's pretty much it:
    [​IMG]

A picture of our yard several months ago. Now we have a different chicken coop and run, and a garden but it isn't too much different:
    [​IMG]

3. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    PotterWatch, where do you live in California that you are zoned for goats in the burbs? We're up in Northern California and in the mountains/country and we can only have 6 goats per acre; I don't think that's very many. We are the only goat owners around and we are more like just a house that has goats, not a farm or anything.
    Oh I forgot pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Our city ordinances say that we are not allowed male goats, but that is the only reference we have been able to find about them so that is what we are going by. We are also restricted to 14 hens, no roosters.

5. mermaid_mama

mermaid_mama New Egg

May 4, 2009
    Your goats are adorable! And you are right, you do have a big yard.
    I also live in Nor Cal and in my city we are allowed 2 pygmy goats in the burbs - although I don't think I have the room for them right now. Thanks for the pics you guys! Very cool. [​IMG]

6. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    Quote:that's crazy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by