AnimalsComeFirst Farm has a new member!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by AnimalsComeFirst, Feb 6, 2012.

1. AnimalsComeFirst

AnimalsComeFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Gloria, Nellie and Penny were introduced to a new resident here!
    Introducing, our rescued Bantam Black Australorp! She is EXTREMELY small and very friendly.... but we need a name for her. Her last owner was worried that in a big flock she may not do well, so we thought.... well, why not have another? She is almost 4 months old.
    Any suggestions for names? I would like the name to have something to do with being small and black.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Congrats! I'd call her Inky, but I'm terrible at giving names.

3. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado

I like Inky I think thats a cute name

4. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Poppy (like poppy seed)
    or Pepper
    I have a black Jersey Giant named Coco, as in chocolate. And we love her to pieces. She's a talker and if you speak softly to her, she'll speak softly back. But if you get louder, she gets louder and the two of us have these great shouting matches. She is the boss!

5. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Name her Raven, or Pepper! Your chickens are so famous, it's great you have a new one!

6. Jessiedoyle

Jessiedoyle New Egg

Nov 10, 2011
    yay for another friend! :) here are some ideas: coal, charcoal, pebble, ashes, iris, night, stormy... i guess pebble is the only small idea. but inky is cute.

7. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    Thats so cute, how she does the responding to you!

Thanks, they aren't that famous. LOL! I am in love with this lil girl... so glad I got her!

Hey there! Thanks for the suggestions! We're gonna take a day or 2 to decide.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    We are thinking of naming her Lucy... does anybody like that name? Keep posting all these great names!

8. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Nice looking hen! I didn't know that there were such things as Bantam Australorps. I guess I'm out of the chicken loop. I'm a guinea-holic!

~AnnElise

9. AnimalsComeFirst

Jun 6, 2011
    Hugging a Chicken
    I didn't know there was either! She may just be very, very small for her breed, but to me she does look like a bantam. I will weigh her tomorrow.

10. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    A bantam australorp!! Cool! No ideas for names, though. I'm never good at that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by