Announcement: My duck article will be in Mar/Apr Grit Magazine! Woot!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by iamcuriositycat, Jan 27, 2011.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    I told you all a while back that I expected to have an article on ducks published in a national magazine, and that I'd let you know who, what, where and when closer to time. Well, it's closer to time:

Who: Me! [​IMG] (AND a couple other folks here who helped me out with quotes & comments... look for their names in the article! Thanks, Kayla & Lucas!)
    What: "Think Duck for a High Yield Flock," 1600-word feature article with photographs
    When: March/April
    Where: Grit Magazine, national readership in excess of 600,000
    Why: Because ducks rock!

If you want to see it as soon as it comes out, order your subscription now to be sure you get your March/April issue. You can also find it on newsstands at feed stores and many book stores (our Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million carry it) after the first of March. Many libraries carry issues as well, and a lot of bookstores will order it for you if they don't already carry it.

[​IMG]:weee

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Great job! [​IMG] Looking forward to seeing it.

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    This is Awesome!! I must say, I have never heard of Grit magazine. I am guessing it is a poultry magazine by it's name?! I will make myself a note to look for a copy when the time comes....in fact, I might just drive over to Barnes and Noble this weeknd and look for one now. Thanks.

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

How exciting to have an article published. I've picked up Grit a couple of times. It seems to be a hobby farm centered mag, very informative and well done. Congrats!

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    That's great. Congratulations!

6. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks, guys!! Yeah, it's a backyard farms kind of place, categorized officially as a "rural living" magazine. Think of it as Mother Earth News without the politics. Great little magazine with a sense of humor and an upbeat attitude. I like it a lot and I'm awfully flattered that they purchased my piece on ducks. [​IMG]

8. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Congratulations! I can't wait to read it. My grandma used to subscribe to Grit. Haven't looked at it since I was a young girl.

How awesome to be published! [​IMG]

9. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Congrats!! You must be so proud!! I know we are! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by