Announcement: My duck article will be in Mar/Apr Grit Magazine! Woot!

FenDruadin

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 30, 2009
Charlotte, NC Area
I told you all a while back that I expected to have an article on ducks published in a national magazine, and that I'd let you know who, what, where and when closer to time. Well, it's closer to time:

Who: Me!
big_smile.png
(AND a couple other folks here who helped me out with quotes & comments... look for their names in the article! Thanks, Kayla & Lucas!)
What: "Think Duck for a High Yield Flock," 1600-word feature article with photographs
When: March/April
Where: Grit Magazine, national readership in excess of 600,000
Why: Because ducks rock!

If you want to see it as soon as it comes out, order your subscription now to be sure you get your March/April issue. You can also find it on newsstands at feed stores and many book stores (our Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million carry it) after the first of March. Many libraries carry issues as well, and a lot of bookstores will order it for you if they don't already carry it.

wee.gif
:weee

This is Awesome!! I must say, I have never heard of Grit magazine. I am guessing it is a poultry magazine by it's name?! I will make myself a note to look for a copy when the time comes....in fact, I might just drive over to Barnes and Noble this weeknd and look for one now. Thanks.

Thanks, guys!! Yeah, it's a backyard farms kind of place, categorized officially as a "rural living" magazine. Think of it as Mother Earth News without the politics. Great little magazine with a sense of humor and an upbeat attitude. I like it a lot and I'm awfully flattered that they purchased my piece on ducks.
smile.png

Congratulations! I can't wait to read it. My grandma used to subscribe to Grit. Haven't looked at it since I was a young girl.

How awesome to be published!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom