Annoying Certificate Error Pop-ups when accessing BYC

FarmrGirl

MooseMistress
13 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Southern Maryland
OK... I only use Internet Explorer at work (because I have to) and it's giving me 20 certificate error boxes or secure connection error boxes every single time I access a new page on BYC. This makes checking the forums for updates a real pain and if you just want to go back a page... forget about it because your history is full of googleleads links. Well, if you're having the same problem, here's the solution:

1. Access Google's "Ads Preferences" page at www.google.com/ads/preferences.
2. Click the "Opt out" button in the middle of the page to stop Google's advertising partners from assigning the "DoubleClick" cookie that tracks your browsing.

That'll fix you up!

Happy Browsing!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
That's odd, you shouldn't be getting that error at all! If you are, please try leaving the site, clearing out your browser cache, and coming back.

If for some reason it persists, please reply with your browser version and how long it's been happening!

Nifty,

I'd been getting them ever since the new BYC was launched and I've set my cache to clear automatically when I close IE. They're googledoubleclick loads. When I look in the history I see that at every page load there are about 20 of these (causing a certificate error). BYC isn't the only site giving me fits with googledoubleclicks... when google changed it's policy a lot of sites were doing that in IE.

But the issue has been resolved with the above instruction.

Thanks!!

Dana

Back
Top Bottom