Anole Lizard

Cold Canadian

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 19, 2010
Manitoba Canada
My sons lizard had a hard time getting rid of his last molt of dead skin and by the time we noticed it his eyes had been sealed shut for a few days ( we assume ) .I have removed the dead skin and it seemed that he could open his eyes at that time we have now noticed that his eyes will not open and he is getting very thin and my son is fearful that he will die .Anyone out there have any suggestions ??

Might ought to consider getting a new one. When one of my began getting thin, they passed away in a few days time. You may want to call your vet to see if there is anything that can be done.

You may get some injured SMALL crickets and see if he will take a bit of that. If not, maybe forcing the mouth open in order to drip a cricket "slop" into might help. Other than that, I have no ideas for you.

I'm going to be blunt here, it's time to put him to sleep.

My lizard Bama had this same problem last year - the vets opened up her eyes but they closed shut so they gave me antibiotics but they didn't work and then her mouth swelled up. A layer of "skin" is just going to keep closing them back. If it's been longer than 3 days then it's most likely too late, but I would take him to a vet and get him checked out and if nothing works put him out of his misery.

Doesn't sound very promising, I wish you luck, but I would suggest giving the lizard a good soak, it may be dehydrated. Place it in warm water and let it soak.

Sometimes a little soaking does wonders.

...JP

Back
Top Bottom