Anorexic Chicken ?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by babychickfarmer, Nov 20, 2007.

1. babychickfarmer

babychickfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

I was looking around for the yellow poo thing and found it could be liver damage or Anorexia! I feed my chickens everyday alot so I don't think its Anorexia so could the Poisionouse D.E I put in the coop cause liver damage? ( I cleaned it out as soon as I found out it was bad. 2 days after)

2. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    I got nothin.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Doubt liver damage would show up that fast. If some was ingested, it is possible to cause some liver damage, but respiratory irritation would show up first I would think. The liver does act like a filter. If you haven't found any more, I bet she just got into something you didn't see.

4. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    You know what? I don't think I'd worry about it.

Look at the chicken, not the poo. Does the chicken seem healthy? Active, bright-eyed? Eating well? Great, probably nothing wrong.

Sometimes I think we have become a society of poop-watchers. Have you ever had a loose stool, or an odd colored stool? Probably. I know I have (especially after too much chinese take-out). Most of the time, it takes care of itself.

5. bunch-a-chickens

bunch-a-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2007
    Claiborne County Tn.
    thats the most true, logically funny post i've ever read.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by