Another 2 wk old McMurray chick weak, not walking

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by silkhope, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    SHEESH! I got 10 chicks from McMurray (went in on an order) and within two days six of them had died.

The four I have left will be two weeks old tomorrow and one of the mille fleurs, all of a sudden, out of the blue can't walk, kind of lays on her side, is breathing heavy with her wings spread out. I'm trying to help her out, but WTH! Why is this happening so much with these chicks?

I tried searching thru the McMurray posts, but did anyone ever figure out what was causing this? The girl I went in on the order with has been losing them the past few days like this too.

Thanks

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Silkhope, I can give you the name of the breeder here in Sanford I got mine from if you would like to get any closer to home. I got 10 and have not lost a one.

3. chickncrazy

chickncrazy Out Of The Brooder

nccountrygirl.......I'd love to know the name of the breeder in Sanford. I'm in Pittsboro. And I'm the one who went in on the order with Ashley. I am beyond frustration with losing these little guys. I'd love to know of a local breeder. Thanks!

4. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Hi neighbor! [​IMG] I didn't realize you had registered! The posts go so fast on here!

Laura, what type breeds does the person in Sanford carry?

5. barefoot

barefoot Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    We ordered from McMurray and have had our chicks for two weeks now. Two of them are exhibiting symptoms similar to the ones you mentioned. One is especially bad - can't stand, legs seem to weak to hold her up, she falls forward when she tries to stand. She also has diarrhea and her eyes seem watery. We are hand feeding and watering her. What is this!!?? If you find anything out, good or bad, please post an update. I'll do the same.

6. sammi

sammi Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    Southeast USA
    my third post on these threads...

I am seeing similar problems with MM chicks on another forum.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by