Another 2 wk old McMurray chick weak, not walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

silkhope

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Pittsboro, NC
SHEESH! I got 10 chicks from McMurray (went in on an order) and within two days six of them had died.

The four I have left will be two weeks old tomorrow and one of the mille fleurs, all of a sudden, out of the blue can't walk, kind of lays on her side, is breathing heavy with her wings spread out. I'm trying to help her out, but WTH! Why is this happening so much with these chicks?

I tried searching thru the McMurray posts, but did anyone ever figure out what was causing this? The girl I went in on the order with has been losing them the past few days like this too.

Thanks

Silkhope, I can give you the name of the breeder here in Sanford I got mine from if you would like to get any closer to home. I got 10 and have not lost a one.

nccountrygirl.......I'd love to know the name of the breeder in Sanford. I'm in Pittsboro. And I'm the one who went in on the order with Ashley. I am beyond frustration with losing these little guys. I'd love to know of a local breeder. Thanks!

Hi neighbor!
frow.gif
I didn't realize you had registered! The posts go so fast on here!

Laura, what type breeds does the person in Sanford carry?

We ordered from McMurray and have had our chicks for two weeks now. Two of them are exhibiting symptoms similar to the ones you mentioned. One is especially bad - can't stand, legs seem to weak to hold her up, she falls forward when she tries to stand. She also has diarrhea and her eyes seem watery. We are hand feeding and watering her. What is this!!?? If you find anything out, good or bad, please post an update. I'll do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom