Another addition to the family

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Alleyoops25, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Here a month ago I posted pictures of our border collie Aussie puppy we got named Sassy. Well she has been one of the easiest trainable dogs I have ever owned she is a month and a half old and we have her totally obienced trianed, learned a few tricks, and started on agility. We loved her so much and decided we had the room and time for another puppy. So to our luck some other people we know had puppies of the same mix. So we wnet and looked and well couldnt leave with out this little guy[​IMG] He is nothing but fat, for now he is really laid back, and sleeps a lot. I am sure that will change. Agian if you have any names for him feel free to post them. For one reason or another none of us can think of a good fitting name.Heres another picture of him.[​IMG] THis is him with Sassy our first girl. Some time a year from now we may decide to get a litter for them. It all depends on how well these two turn out to be as adults. And how many people want to get a puppy from us.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  2. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    A friend of mine at work had a Bernese Mountain Dog the same coloring as your pup. His name was Spooner. I always loved the name. Your dogs are really cute! -Lynn

3. Alleyoops25

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Um oops, my 18month old son already posted this twice before I finished it. And now I cant figure out how to delete the other two.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  4. Alleyoops25

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Okay thank you to who ever deleted the others . Every time I step away from the computer one of my kids has to mess with it.
    Lynn how did he come up with the name spooner? It sounds kind of cool but I am not sure that it fits.
    I just dont have a clue what to name him. But I will throw spooner out and see how everyone reacts.

5. tink

tink Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2007
    upstate SC
    My son's boss has a dog that he named Kingdom. It is funny when he calls him because he says..."My Kingdom Come"!!!
    Tink

6. Alleyoops25

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    Thats really funny Tink. I liked it and told my DH but he wasnt to thrilled, men [​IMG] Anyway he is still name less. Poor little guy. Anyway if anyone else has any ideas please post?

7. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    How 'bout any of these? Moses, Noah, Jonah, Striker,
    Tricki Woo, Tristan, Magnus...and any of the other James Herriot dog names? (They're not all his dog names-just some of them.) We love the names form his books
    our pets have had some of his names over the years.
    Lisa
    (I just went and checked my book and I think an few of those names might have been humans in his books. Oh well, I still love the names for a dog-or cat. We have Moses-"the kitten" from his story Moses the Kitten.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

What a good looking pup! I dunno...but when I saw that face...I said... JASPER! He is a cutie!! Congrats.

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Hey Alley, this is my dog susie. She was a rescue so we had no idea what she was. I have seen many aussies that resemble her, but she is small, 35 lbs, so i think she is a miniature aust. Shep. What do you think? She is WICKED smart too. She came from N.C. abused and abandoned [​IMG] But we loved her alot and she's better now [​IMG]

PS. i think the puppy looks like a skippy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  10. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    I always like country sounding names- right now we have a wally,jake,abbey,daisy,and a dixie and this christmas we are adding ( hopefully) a white boxer female we plan to name alley.

I think your little man looks like a JAKE or a RINGO.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by