Another adventure with HenHaven (Lynn)!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by skeeter9, May 10, 2008.

1. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

So, I meet Lynn at about the halfway point between our houses to pick up a couple of hens that she sold to one of my daughter's friends. We are out in the parking lot of this new parkway along the river that has pathways and rock areas that wind down toward the water. We manage to transfer the first hen into my carrier without incident. Then Lynn decides to open the door to her dog carrier so I can get the other hen out, and she streaks out of there like someone had zapped her in the butt with a cattle prod! Oh, great! Now we've got a hen running loose in the parking lot! We look at each other like, "oops!", then we go after the hen. Well, the hen didn't want anything to do with us - she was busy checking everything out in that strange place. Here we are, 2 mature women with our butts stuck up in the air, clamboring around through bushes, under cars, over curbs, and trying to keep this silly hen from taking off down to the river (oh, and Lynn was clucking!!)! I'm absolutely certain that the occupants of the cars and motorcycles going by thought we had completely lost our minds!!! At one point the hen decides to take off straight across the parking lot. Lynn, being a proper lady, looks at me and says, "Ooh, ooh, that's not good!", and I'm thinking "@#$*(*^%$##%$^*!!!!" So Lynn picks up a stick and proceeds to herd her feathered friend back over toward the cars (at this point I'm trying very hard not to laugh)and finally manages to grab the little stinker by the tail and we get her into my carrier. For crying out loud, it's always an adventure with Lynn!!! (If you'll remember, when we went to the Stockton show together, she drove and we ended up in a completely different city. . . .).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chickmomma30

chickmomma30 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Odessa MO
    lol now that had to be very funny to see. Hey at least you can say her life is never boring. At lest you got the run away back. lol

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    VERY [​IMG]

4. Kelly FG

Kelly FG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Ridge
    [​IMG] [​IMG] sounds like a good time had by all!

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ha someone got in between my post and the VERY funny post lol. guess I wasn't fast enough!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Now, why can't I live on the other coast? You guys have all the fun! [​IMG]

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

i know Cyn, we're missing all the fun...

Hope it doesn't show up on YouTube.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hope it doesn't show up on YouTube

[​IMG] I'd pay to see that one, LOL!​

9. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    Wish I could have seen that - I bet everyone had a good laugh. [​IMG]

10. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Yep, I was chasin' a chicken with Skeeter9! That chicken DID shoot out of that carrier!!! [​IMG] Man! The chase was ON! Alice can really run! She's very tricksy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lori Alice Lynn

I never had this many adventures until I met Lori! Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by