Another bad week on the farm

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Spires6, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Well so far this week, we have lost 3 ducklings, a blue slate turkey poult, and my son's bronze turkey hen that took reserve grand champion over all of the breeding poultry at the fair last year allto raccoons. Our GS dog decided to take out a Wyandotte chick and a guinea got hit by a car. Not been a good week. My son and I have been busy trying to kill as many coons as we can.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh my! I am sorry for your luck. I am sending you good vibes [​IMG]

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] I am sorry to hear about your losses, hope you get them bad predators. [​IMG]

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Y'all ever read Where The Red Fern Grows I recently reread it so I can discuss it with our son when he has to read it for Lit. Anywho, that boy was having a devil of a time catching the wiley coon so his grampa told him an old school trick...

Log... Hole Bored/Naturally there... shiney object down in hole... nails around inside of hole... coon reaches in to get the shiney, closes fist, can't pull hand out and won't release the shiney...

Course, you aren't looking for hats, but I reckon that's about the time you SSS...

Have NO clue if it works, but should you decide to try it (or if you already have?) could you please let me know if it does or does not work?

Happy Hunting... nail the little bandits.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by