Another beautiful snow day with lots of pictures...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katharinad, Oct 26, 2010.

1. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

x

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Absolutely gorgeous! I especially like the ones with the tracks in the snow.
    Thanks so much for sharing.

3. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    My son is very jealous! I am sitting here thinking, "Glad it was them and not us!"

4. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    beautiful pictures.

it's too bad snow makes for some nice photos. haha. I hate snow. [​IMG]

pretty ducks too.
    and love your pups.

5. Hillsvale

Hillsvale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2009
    Hillsvale, Nova Scotia
    beautiful but seriously.... Shut up!! urgh... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  6. katharinad

Sammy is the dog rolling in the snow. He was born last year in November and loved snow from day one. He loves to make "snow dog angels" in the snow. We nicknamed him snowman.

7. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    Kat, that is so beautiful. I love the one with the 2 ducks heads in the grass.

Here in England, we have had drizzly rain all day. really depressing. My back garden (aka bird roaming area) is a complete mud bath where there used to be lots of grass. The water is not even soaking into the earth, just sitting on top in big brown puddles. [​IMG]

I had to fence off the ducks today, as although they love mud-puddling, the grass is never going to recover if I let them do it when it is SOOOO muddy and wet. I want a green garden, not a brown one, lol!

Even a white one would protect the ground for a while! Sigh, it's only just Autumn and I cannot wait for Spring! We had minus 4 C last night - bbbrrrrrr....!!

8. katharinad

We just had two days of heavy rain. It's swamp central every where. I restricted their access to our back yard or they will tear it up. Their outdoor area is rather wild looking with weeds etc. It's ok if they to go to town there. The snow nicely covered up their digging trenches. [​IMG]

9. karaokechick

karaokechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Naples, Florida
    Your photos are beautiful...yet they are making me miss where I grew up [​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thanks for the pictures what a beautiful place to live and your animals are pretty too! What a great country!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by