Another Bird House

Discussion in 'Quail' started by 7L Farm, Jul 31, 2011.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I built another pen. I've got 61 new iddy's thought I'd put 30 here & 31 in the one behind it. I still need another one for a grow out pen for my Bob's. I Was gonna use this one but never thought I would hatch 61 out of 70 eggs & now this pen will be full. Do you ever have enough pens? Think I'm gonna put one big net over my hundred acres & be done with it or maybe I'll buy the Astrodome . That's a dang good idea. I could sell tickets to the bird freaks & eggs, dome foam, & coturnix on a stick. I could get all the BYC"ERS who sell stuff to come along & fill all the shop space & they could pay me a percentage. This could be it. [​IMG]

2. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Dam, I feel your pain... I'm always about 2 pens short... or 2 hatches ahead, However ya look at it I guess... [​IMG] Bill

3. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I couldn't believe it. I was down to 8 coturnix. So , I loaded up the brinsea with 70 eggs figured I'd get 40 maxs. Well, on the 16Th day of incubation I had already done lock down the day before no problem. On day 16 theirs one maybe two iddy's that have hatched OK cool. I go about my business told myself I'll get them out this evening. So, that evening I finally open the bator & there's 61 Iddy's screaming at me that they want out of this goofy confined swet boxs. Glad, I had already built this pen.

4. Jimsbirdhouse

Jimsbirdhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2010
    Gonzales, Texas
    Randy,
    Your pretty lucky you only have to build a hotel fror 60. Every time I hatch it's normaly 150 plus that I have to find room for ( I THINK I NEED A VACATION).What started out to be a hobie turned out to be a lot of work along with the feeder business

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    7L, I like your place, more and more...

nice work!

[​IMG]

6. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I hear ya James. I'd like to find one good quail customer around my farm & hatch strictly for him & be done with it. I don't want to get into shipping > Than you have birds dying, eggs cracking & to many headaches. I wonder if Chuck Norris hunts quail he lives right down the street. I know they raise chickens. He probably won't stop at little old 7L that's got hand painted Farm Fresh Eggs for sale signs & every other sign trying to make a buck. Hell ,I feel like Fred Sanford over here. Dang hay fields are so miserably dry I won't get a cutting next thing you know Obama will want his money for the taxes. He won't understand that it hasn't rained but maybe 6 inches this year & my hay fields sux so help me out bro I need a stimulus package. LOL. Yea, your right it was kinda nice building that hotel vs the last two Marriott's that dam near killed this old man. You want a good laugh I'll get a picture of my front gate. My neighbors just laugh every time they see me.[​IMG] Here's the signs dang people pull over & spend 10 minutes reading the signs & drive off these bohunks around here want their vegetables grown in hot houses they look at god grown good tasting veggies & if it has a crack in it they don't buy it.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  7. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Good lookin pens there, 7L.............and NO, I never have enough pens...........but I guess the the feed bill will one day be the checkered flag for that problem. [​IMG]

8. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Quote:I hear ya James. I'd like to find one good quail customer around my farm & hatch strictly for him & be done with it. I don't want to get into shipping > Than you have birds dying, eggs cracking & to many headaches. I wonder if Chuck Norris hunts quail he lives right down the street. I know they raise chickens. He probably won't stop at little old 7L that's got hand painted Farm Fresh Eggs for sale signs & every other sign trying to make a buck. Hell ,I feel like Fred Sanford over here. Dang hay fields are so miserably dry I won't get a cutting next thing you know Obama will want his money for the taxes. He won't understand that it hasn't rained but maybe 6 inches this year & my hay fields sux so help me out bro I need a stimulus package. LOL. Yea, your right it was kinda nice building that hotel vs the last two Marriott's that dam near killed this old man. You want a good laugh I'll get a picture of my front gate. My neighbors just laugh every time they see me.https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63768_too_many_signs_001.jpg Here's the signs dang people pull over & spend 10 minutes reading the signs & drive off these bohunks around here want their vegetables grown in hot houses they look at god grown good tasting veggies & if it has a crack in it they don't buy it.

I know how ya feel. Imagine a redneck kid sitting at the flea market selling turnip greens and kale out of an old propane grill that had a sign on the front that says home grown greens in big orange letters.

9. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I hear ya James. I'd like to find one good quail customer around my farm & hatch strictly for him & be done with it. I don't want to get into shipping > Than you have birds dying, eggs cracking & to many headaches. I wonder if Chuck Norris hunts quail he lives right down the street. I know they raise chickens. He probably won't stop at little old 7L that's got hand painted Farm Fresh Eggs for sale signs & every other sign trying to make a buck. Hell ,I feel like Fred Sanford over here. Dang hay fields are so miserably dry I won't get a cutting next thing you know Obama will want his money for the taxes. He won't understand that it hasn't rained but maybe 6 inches this year & my hay fields sux so help me out bro I need a stimulus package. LOL. Yea, your right it was kinda nice building that hotel vs the last two Marriott's that dam near killed this old man. You want a good laugh I'll get a picture of my front gate. My neighbors just laugh every time they see me.https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/63768_too_many_signs_001.jpg Here's the signs dang people pull over & spend 10 minutes reading the signs & drive off these bohunks around here want their vegetables grown in hot houses they look at god grown good tasting veggies & if it has a crack in it they don't buy it.

I know how ya feel. Imagine a redneck kid sitting at the flea market selling turnip greens and kale out of an old propane grill that had a sign on the front that says home grown greens in big orange letters.

Your preaching to the quire people today have no clue. Hey, I ain't worried when this crazy world peters out I'll still be eating good. I likess quail on the barbie fresh eggs & good old home grown matters. Country boy can survive. I'll have people lined up for miles they won't have enough money to buy good food LOL.

10. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Quote:I know how ya feel. Imagine a redneck kid sitting at the flea market selling turnip greens and kale out of an old propane grill that had a sign on the front that says home grown greens in big orange letters.

Your preaching to the quire people today have no clue. Hey, I ain't worried when this crazy world peters out I'll still be eating good. I likess quail on the barbie fresh eggs & good old home grown matters. Country boy can survive. I'll have people lined up for miles they won't have enough money to buy good food LOL.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by