Another brownie point for Sussex

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by amazondoc, Nov 22, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    We were talking about Sussex in another thread, so I thought I'd add this --

Just this morning I put several birds out in the main pen for the first time. This included my two bantam silver penciled rock pullets (my smallest bantams).

This evening I went out to put all the birds in the coop. They'd rather roost outside, but I keep trying to convince them. [​IMG] Anyway, I picked up one of the Sussex girls -- and there were the two little rocks, all snuggled warm and cuddly underneath her. Very cute! [​IMG]

2. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Too cute! Yea I love my sussex!

3. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    My favorite rooster we have is our Speckled Sussex. The kids named him Morning breakfast, but now he is just Morning. Big and sweet. When they free range he will come up my front steps (mind you the coop is WAY out in the back of our upper paddock behind the house) and actually knock on my front glass door! I bring him his bread and he is so happy. LOL Talk about SPOILED!

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Quote:That's so sweet! Sounds like I may have to check into them as well. I think it's precious when my adult guinea walks up to Sarge (alpha RIR roo) and sticks her head under his wing / arm & just stands there getting warm. He looks like he's standing in the mall, holding a woman's purse under his arm... [​IMG] It really is sweet because he just holds his wing out and lets her snuggle under it. The "mini-guineas" (youngest guineas) love to squirm their way under the bigger hens at night so they stay cozy & comfy. The big girls don't even seem to notice them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by