1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Another Case of OCD (Obsessive Chick Disorder)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JPinVT, May 18, 2010.

1. JPinVT

JPinVT Songster

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    Hi there! I have 24 "special assorted bargain" straight run chicks from McMurray, and they're 3 weeks old now. I didn't know I could become so attached to little birds! Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures I've taken of them so far. If anyone has any ideas as to breed or sex, I'd love to hear them!

I took a few of the most feathered-out chicks on their first trip outside over the weekend - they couldn't get enough of the grass and bugs and sunshine [​IMG] My dog was a bit confused as to why the creatures from the basement were in his dog crate though...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I have a few different color/patterened chicks with feathered feet (all have 4 toes). This lil guy's my favorite - his name is Fritz:
    [​IMG]

Two other feather-footers:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This guy is about 1/2 the size of the other chicks, but I thought I was only going to get standard sized chickens... maybe he's just a runt though:
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure this guy's a white leghorn. I was worried he was a cornish x in the beginning, but he's no bigger than my other biggest chicks:
    [​IMG]

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Your babies are adorable. I just realized; I have OCD, too!

3. organicchef

organicchef In the Brooder

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    Very cute!!! I, too, have OCD. My chicks are due today or tomorrow from MPC. I was up all night!!!
    Called the PO 3 or 4 times...(they know me by name now).
    It's like giving birth without the labor!!![​IMG]

4. noodleroo

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    organichef; I couldn't sleep either. The day before they arrived, I took sweets to the post office- so they'd know that I appreciate their gentle handling of my babies in advance....I'm certain its a symptom of OCD...

5. organicchef

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    What a great idea, noodleroo!!! I can do that at lunch today!! Take them some cookies or something!!
    Thanks!![​IMG]

6. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    I'm in there too... [​IMG] I have 6 in the bator and 3 under a broody... they are due to hatch Friday... I'm dying with anticipation. [​IMG]

D

7. organicchef

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    The good news is...we appear to be in good company!!

8. noodleroo

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I agree; good company...thank you all for being so nice and helpful...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by