1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another chick flies the coop - Bad pun I know..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Well today, with heavy heart, I shall be moving my daughter Danielle out of the house and into her new apartment that is exactly 7 blocks down the road [​IMG] I can't believe my lil girl is finishing her 1st year in college and getting a place of her own [​IMG]

They grow up soooooooo fast! I wonder how many times a week she'll stop out for laundry and a meal [​IMG]

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Awww, bittersweet, isn't it?

(I hope she comes by often to visit - I mean, do her laundry and just happen to have a little time to stay for dinner) lol

Um, did I read your sig correctly? Do you have like a whole clutch of kids? Wow! Impressive!

3. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:yeah, and honestly we're not done [​IMG] We foster, as well as our own kiddos

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    seven blocks. far enough away to be on her own, and close enough to keep an eye on. Sounds perfect.
    I pay attention to your posts. I think you are a clever guy, and wise enough for me to learn a few things from.

...she'll always be your little girl. [​IMG]

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    My daughter spent the first few months just "being on her own". Only stopped by on occasion. Now after 6 months she is here all the time. Of course it is just to do her laundry and ummm raid our cupboard.

6. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Well, Danielle is flying solo now [​IMG] As of friday night! I called her yesterday morning and this morning to check in with her. She stopped out today at halftime (she knows how much a football buff I am) and was so proud of the grocery shopping she's done to pack her new residence... She brought receipts!!! [​IMG]

She was a bit overwhelmed because she took for granted things that were "just" here that she didn't have.

Dishclothes
    Laundry Soap
    Spices
    Odds and ends like Corn, beans, rice etc. Things we have a LOT of..

So when she showed up I told her to raid the pantry for the night. She told me she is wanting to cook like me. I had to remind her to scale it down. It's just her and her BF. Not like she's cooking for 12 anymore [​IMG]

I am both happy and nervous for her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by