Another chick flies the coop - Bad pun I know..

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
Well today, with heavy heart, I shall be moving my daughter Danielle out of the house and into her new apartment that is exactly 7 blocks down the road
smile.png
I can't believe my lil girl is finishing her 1st year in college and getting a place of her own
th.gif

They grow up soooooooo fast! I wonder how many times a week she'll stop out for laundry and a meal
wee.gif

Awww, bittersweet, isn't it?

(I hope she comes by often to visit - I mean, do her laundry and just happen to have a little time to stay for dinner) lol

Um, did I read your sig correctly? Do you have like a whole clutch of kids? Wow! Impressive!

Quote:
yeah, and honestly we're not done
smile.png
We foster, as well as our own kiddos

seven blocks. far enough away to be on her own, and close enough to keep an eye on. Sounds perfect.
I pay attention to your posts. I think you are a clever guy, and wise enough for me to learn a few things from.

...she'll always be your little girl.
smile.png

My daughter spent the first few months just "being on her own". Only stopped by on occasion. Now after 6 months she is here all the time. Of course it is just to do her laundry and ummm raid our cupboard.

Well, Danielle is flying solo now
smile.png
As of friday night! I called her yesterday morning and this morning to check in with her. She stopped out today at halftime (she knows how much a football buff I am) and was so proud of the grocery shopping she's done to pack her new residence... She brought receipts!!!
lol.png

She was a bit overwhelmed because she took for granted things that were "just" here that she didn't have.

Dishclothes
Laundry Soap
Spices
Odds and ends like Corn, beans, rice etc. Things we have a LOT of..

So when she showed up I told her to raid the pantry for the night. She told me she is wanting to cook like me. I had to remind her to scale it down. It's just her and her BF. Not like she's cooking for 12 anymore
smile.png

I am both happy and nervous for her.

Back
Top Bottom