another chick temperature question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by marvun22, Mar 24, 2013.

1. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    i know the pattern. 95 first week, 90 2nd week, etc. my chicks are entering their third week which means they should be at 85. they're in my greenhouse where its 60 (there is a heatlamp if they get cold) and they are acting perfectly fine. what is the case

2. RonC

RonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    D/FW
    At about 5 weeks they will be fully feathered and need extra heat at all at any temperature. Mine stayed as far from their heat lamp as they could at three weeks also. They were indoors at 65 degrees. Constantly being able to move around in the 60 degree temperature they have probably aclimated to the lower temperature and should be fine. Being in the greenhouse there is probably is no draft also. Might want to turn the heat lamp off if they don't use it unless you experience some colder weather. Just make sure the temperature doesn't drop too much at night.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  3. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    they're in their stock tank brooder at night and i have it on just in case they get cold.

p.s. they cant have their heat lamp right now its not working right now[​IMG] even though they never want it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by