1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another Chicken lover from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Shells, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Shells

Shells New Egg

Jan 18, 2011
    Hello

I am a bit nervous about this forum having never been involved in one before. It was great to see another New Zealander here too. I live in Wellington New Zealand and I asked my new partner if he would like some hens 5 years ago. He converted the shed out the back and away we went, both addicted. We have just received our 2nd 6 fertilized eggs and they are under our fantastic broody Josephine. I have been trolling through the chicken coop designs as my young neighbor (in a weak moment one Friday night) has agreed to help me build a new coop if I feed him well. Looking forward to chatting.

Shelley

2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Hello and [​IMG] from Arkansas.

3. Shells

Shells New Egg

Jan 18, 2011
    Hi

I'm fascinated, what do pickled eggs taste like? I haven't managed to convince my partner of the benefit of getting bantams yet but this may help.

4. Raven81

Raven81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Te Anau NZ
    [​IMG] from a fellow NZer im sure you will find this place very helpful & informative.

5. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by