Another chicken maybe dying...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cakebird, Sep 13, 2012.

1. cakebird

cakebird Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2012
    My bantan chicken, a sebring? , may be dying...her crown and face are turning dark. All she does is lay around.. this is day two. A couple days ago, as a mentioned on another thread, my birds were chased by neighbor dog, which managed to get a few mouthful of feathers. I lost one chicken two days ago, angie. NOW julie, the bantan looks sick, her rose comb is pretty much gone and black...any ideas?? Help...

2. Nsampsel

Nsampsel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2012
    East Central Ohio
    Pix would help. Could the dog have actually injured the birds rather than just yanking a few feathers...

3. cakebird

May 11, 2012
    I have a smartphone but don't know how to upload picture to backyard chickens. Any idea?

4. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    Set up a photbucket account, or something like that, then email
    Your pictures to that, with your smart phone, I think it will work.

5. cakebird

May 11, 2012
    I changed my profile picuture to my sick bannie, Juliet. I also was able to load another picture of her (a front view) to show how her comb is missing and her face is turning black. she isn't eating much and not drinking much. I put a warm towel on her. she appears strong, yet I don't know how to get her from laying around and get her to eat, and drink. I am deparate.. HELP and thank you. PS.. I read orientation to the site, (I'm a computer programmer, Heehee) and I am not able to attach a photo to this reply... lordy lordy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by