Another chicken newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dayrel, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Dayrel

Dayrel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Hello all. I'm just getting started with chickens. I live in Indiana and have been doing a lot of reading of intro books, web info, and YouTube videos before making my first chick purchase. BYC looks like a great resource, so I'm sure I'll be spending time around here.

2. Chicken Bff

Chicken Bff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Missiouri
    Welcome to our community and I hope that we can help you with all of your questions.[​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Dayrel, and [​IMG]! It's great to have you aboard! As a chicken newcomer you are wise to do a little research and there is not better place than BYC. The Learning Center is a great place to start:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    It has loads of informative articles that will start you off on the right foot.
    And if you'd like to chat with some fellow Hoosier poultry folks, find the IN thread in this link and say hello:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

4. Dayrel

Dayrel Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome Chicken Bff & redsoxs.

Wow, BTC is good. I was wondering how I would find and connect with local chicken-folk and BTC answered even before I asked. [​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Dayrel [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by