Another chicken story-Mean, the Barred Rock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Honeysuckle, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Burnin' up in KY
    Into

I don't know how I really came into the world. I know about moments before I did, I was surround by wet, dark things that still scare me, thinking I was stuck in there. But, when I saw the world and brown oval shaped things around me, I thought I would stay there trapped in a hot box. But, no, some one picked me up and put me into yet another box and I was put into a horrible smelling thing and driven to my new home.

Chapter one:

I was put into a thing called a "aquairum" (Dunno if that was spelled right, but you know, the thing the put fish into) as a "brooder" whatever those things are. I was surrounded by other chicks, some black, and some the same color as me. I could see things outside of it glass windows. People, or the Hands, as the other chicks nicknamed them. I wasn't scared of them, but when they reached down and pick the chick beside me up I almost screamed. They through it into the air and let out odd noises, not like a chirp. One quickly grabbed the chick and put it down roughly but into the brooder. I looked up, and knew the Hands would cause trouble.

Well, how is it?

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I like how the chick is referring to the humans as "the Hands." How creative! [​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:agreed. There should be a book published of everyones "chick flicks" LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by