1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another chickewbie..I can't sleep!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GiddyMoon, Apr 14, 2011.

1. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Hello all,

We recently moved from CA to AZ specifically to have more freedom & land..my boys are teens and sooo looking forward to finally having chickens...and now that I ordered the chicks..which won't be here for 3 weeks..I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO NERVOUS ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!![​IMG]

They are all I can think about. I am not sleeping well, my family is making fun of me..for goodness sakes, I have given birth 4 times, 3 on the Autism spectrum, we homeschool, I have had tons of animals and pets in my life..and I cannot believe how paranoid I am over these babies...please tell me this is normal.[​IMG]

2. wekiva bird

wekiva bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2010
    South Carolina
    I think alot of us are worry worts. [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] from south carolina/fla.

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. It's completely normal to worry about them, especially when they're your first ones. Just relax & enjoy them when they get here [​IMG]

4. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ocala, FL. Don't worry, everything will be fine.

5. GiddyMoon

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    I hope so. I am not a worrier. I never thought this would take hold over me so seriously..I feel totally incompetent. LOL

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You had better get your sleep now because when they get there, I can bet you will be getting up in the middle of the night to check on them. [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

You are normal. Just like the rest of us!

8. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    Welcome to [​IMG] the best place on the internet to be a nervious chicken mom [​IMG] We all understand!!

9. GiddyMoon

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    GET MY SLEEP NOW??[​IMG]

I JUST posted on FB for prayers becuase I have chickens and brooder plans and coop plans and babies dancing in my head 24-7! LOL I even have stomach cramps..Like I am giving birth again..I have lost it..I just know it.[​IMG]

10. jham86

jham86 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Hi, Im new also, and I know what you mean about the sleep, Ive been staying up to 3am at least reading up on chickens and how to care for them. Got my chicks today! so excited

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by