Another chickewbie..I can't sleep!

GiddyMoon

Songster
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Hello all,

We recently moved from CA to AZ specifically to have more freedom & land..my boys are teens and sooo looking forward to finally having chickens...and now that I ordered the chicks..which won't be here for 3 weeks..I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO NERVOUS ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!
D.gif

They are all I can think about. I am not sleeping well, my family is making fun of me..for goodness sakes, I have given birth 4 times, 3 on the Autism spectrum, we homeschool, I have had tons of animals and pets in my life..and I cannot believe how paranoid I am over these babies...please tell me this is normal.
barnie.gif

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. It's completely normal to worry about them, especially when they're your first ones. Just relax & enjoy them when they get here
thumbsup.gif

I hope so. I am not a worrier. I never thought this would take hold over me so seriously..I feel totally incompetent. LOL

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. You had better get your sleep now because when they get there, I can bet you will be getting up in the middle of the night to check on them.
gig.gif

GET MY SLEEP NOW??
ep.gif

I JUST posted on FB for prayers becuase I have chickens and brooder plans and coop plans and babies dancing in my head 24-7! LOL I even have stomach cramps..Like I am giving birth again..I have lost it..I just know it.
hide.gif

Hi, Im new also, and I know what you mean about the sleep, Ive been staying up to 3am at least reading up on chickens and how to care for them. Got my chicks today! so excited

Back
Top Bottom